Roll Massif COVID-19 Update
March 16, 2020
In these very uncertain times, we wanted to provide an update as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2020 Roll Massif events. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our riders, staff, volunteers, and partners, and we are committed to making decisions that align with this priority.
The Roll Massif team is closely monitoring information from local & state government agencies and medical professionals, as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to keep a pulse on the evolving situation. We are committed to playing a constructive role to limit the spread of the virus by following the guidelines implemented by the various agencies and communicating that information as quickly and effectively
As of March 15th, we are aware of the following guidance related to events or public gatherings:
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, recommends that event organizers (groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more for the next 8 weeks.
Given the March 15th guidance and the measures being put in place by health officials we believe that our first event, Wild Horse Gravel on May 16th, could be impacted as it falls just outside the 8 week window, ending May 10th.
We plan to make a final determination as to the feasibility of holding Wild Horse Gravel, Elephant Rock weekend (June 6-7) as well as all Roll Massif events no later than 30-days prior to each event date. That determination will be based on the public health information available at that time.
Thanks for your understanding. Please be safe, wash your hands, and ride your bike if you can.