RACE THE SUN
JUNE 1, 2019
CASTLE ROCK, CO
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Sunrise to Sunset Elephant Rock wants you, the racer, to be unencumbered by an overabundance of rules. It is our hope that you find these simple to adhere to. Please bring a copy of these rules to the event for your team. A copy of the rules will also be posted at the race venue.
- Each racer (whether a solo or on a team) will receive a unique timing chip and bike plate number
- Bike plate numbers may not be cut, folded, altered or defaced in any way
- Racers must display their race numbers on the front of their bikes at all times
- Timing chips must be attached the front fork of the bike. If you switch bikes, the timing chip must also be switched
- One team member needs to be at the start line 10 mins before the scheduled start of 7:00 a.m.
- The start line will be down the hill, just before the timing checkpoint area and finish line
- The start to the race will be a “modified” Le Mans; Racers will begin with their bikes, running their bikes up the hill before mounting and pedaling on course.
- Racers must stay on course
- Short-cutting the course is not allowed. This will result in immediate disqualification.
- Partial laps will not be counted
- Lapped racers must yield. Please be vocal as it’s the responsibility of the challenging racer to overtake safely. Racers being lapped must yield as soon as safely possible.
- Course support other than medical support will not be provided by the event. Riders must carry necessary tools & equipment to fix minor mechanicals that may happen on course
- Water and food may be supplied to any racer at the transition area as long as the racer and support is off the course and does not interfere with the race. Interference with other racers will result in disqualification
- Solo racers will have a dedicated self-supported area along the course on the north side of the main parking lot. Self-supported set-up areas will be first-come, first-serve.
- One person must be designated as the Captain of the team to ensure the team is registered correctly (information is all accurate), and to deal with event officials in the event of a problem or concern.
- Teams may only have one racer on course at a time
- Team members may only switch riders in the designated transition zone, just past the timing area
- Racers may choose to ride in any order and may change the order at any time
- Racers may continue on for more than 1
- To be an official finisher, each team member must complete at least one lap
- Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex
- Teams are required to provide their own means of hydration throughout the event
Awards & Results
- Results are determined by the number of completed laps within the time limit, then by time
- Results will include overall places and lap times (but will not include specific rider times – please keep track of the laps that you ride in order to determine your lap time)
- Results will be live during the event and available online after the event at www.ERockrace.com
- Once the race has finished, racers will have 15 minutes to challenge results. Thereafter, results will become final. We recommend monitoring progress and comparing it with the available online results as the event is progressing to avoid any problems at the conclusion.
- All posted, printed official results are FINAL. No protests will be accepted, nor will results be adjusted after the event.
- The event director has final say in any ruling, including rulings made by staff/volunteers
- Top 3 men, women, and teams of each category will receive an award at the awards ceremony
- Athletes must be in attendance at the awards ceremony to receive their medals and prizes. Awards will not be mailed.
- Minimum Age Requirement: All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Additionally, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent, legal guardian, or designated person present on site for the duration of the event. Participants must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
- For safety reasons, the event reserves the right to cancel or change a portion of the course if inclement weather or dangerous conditions exist. If the race is terminated, final results will be based on completed laps at the time the event was called.
- In the case of catastrophic failure due to weather or other extenuating circumstances that prevents the ongoing scoring of the event or creates a racing environment that is deemed too dangerous for the participants, the race may be called as of a certain time. Final results will be calculated in one of two ways as determined by the Race Director. (A) The race will be considered over at the point it was called and the results will be taken from the last completed lap. (B) The riders will be allowed to finish their current lap after the point the race is called and those results will be taken as final. In the case that the race is stopped and restarted, the combined results of both parts of the race will be used.
- Additional rules or changes may be added as questions arise, so please continue to check this site for updates. Captains will receive a set of rules at check-in.