RACE THE SUN
JUNE 5, 2021
CASTLE ROCK, CO
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN THIS FALL
DETAILS & PRICING
INCLUDED WITH YOUR ENTRY
- A Commemorative T-shirt
- Great refreshments and entertainment
- Post-race meal and party; complete with food, beer and live music
- Tons of great prize drawings
- Timing with live tracking
THE IRON TUSK AWARD
Are you tusk enough? Race for 12 hours on June 6 and complete the Elephant Rock Century on June 7…all for the IRON TUSK. If ready to commit to this epic challenge, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a $10-off coupon to use on both registrations. Finishers will receive a prestigious award that will have everyone trumpeting!
You may register as an INDIVIDUAL or CREATE A TEAM. If you are registering as a team, follow these easy steps:
- First appoint a Team Captain.
The Team Captain will need to register first and when doing so, select “Create a Team”. He or she will then input the team name and complete their own registration. The Team Captain will need to inform their desired team members of the team name.
- When teammates go online to join, they will select “Join a Team” and click the appropriate name from the menu. The team name may also be found by entering the Team Captain’s last name in the search bar. Once the team name is found and selected, members will be prompted to complete their own registration.
PLEASE NOTE – 1 ORDER PER PERSON AND ALL TEAMS MUST REGISTER BEFORE THE PRICE INCREASES IN ORDER FOR TEAMS TO BE REGISTERED AT THE SAME PRICE.
For both the 4- and 5-person teams, within their respective categories and regardless of
GEEZER TEAM CATEGORY
This category is gaining more popularity and what better way to show up the youth than by beating them one lap at a time. Even though you are not in their category, it’s fun for bragging rights. If you don’t meet the requirements, you will compete in the Adult 4/5 person category.
• Geezer Teams must have a combined age of 200 years for a 4 person team and 250 years for 5 person team
• The youngest team member must be at least 45 years old
ADULT / JR. TEAM CATEGORY
More and more we get asked, can I race with my kids and their friends? To accommodate this request, we’ve add a new Adult / Junior category. Parents or adults over 24 years of age may register to be a part of a Junior team and pay at the Junior rate.
• Adult / Junior Teams must have a majority of juniors (1 Adult, 3 Juniors or 2 Adults, 3 Juniors)
• Adults must be at least 24 years old
• Juniors must be 14 to 18 years old
ADULT TEAM CATEGORY
This category consists of male, female, and coed teams whose combined age is less than 200 years for four person teams and less than 250 years for five person teams.
• To be classified as an adult you must be 19 years of age or older
JR. TEAM CATEGORY
If you are part of a high school team that is great, if you are not, grab your buddies and come out and have fun with us on the trails.
• Junior teams MUST have an adult or coach on the premise at all times
• Juniors must be 14 to 18 years old
In true cycling tradition, the Sunrise to Sunset Elephant Rock will take place regardless of weather; therefore NO refunds will be provided.
Bike plate numbers with a timing chip on the back will be issued at registration and should be attached to the front of their bike at all times. Every racer will have their own bike plate assigned to them.
POST-RACE BBQ & BEER GARDEN
The event will supply complimentary refreshments and tasty bbq to all registered riders. Friends and family may purchase additional meal tickets for $15 on site and partake in the feast.
FURRY FRIEND POLICY
We strongly urge you to leave your pet at home during this event as the environment will not be super conducive for your furry friends. Please inform your friends and family about this policy as well. If you still choose to bring a pet, they are to be leashed at all times as this is state law. If any pet causes a problem on the course, the pet and its owner will be asked to leave for the duration of the event. Petswill not be allowed in the finisher party area due to health codes and food service. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Awards will be presented to the top three teams and solo racers in each category. Prizes and recognition will also be granted for best team name and best team spirit!
No awards will be mailed following the event, so please check the results to determine if you are a category winner. All awards will be presented shortly after the results are posted during the awards ceremony.
Prize drawings will also be held throughout the day, so everyone can be a winner! Please be sure to submit your raffle ticket (tear-off tag located on on your race bib) into the drawing bucket.